Your money is always on their mind
Behind all of our recommendations are the brightest minds in modern investing. As members of our investment leadership, their job is to keep our proprietary model in tune with ideal tax, cost and risk management practices, and ensure that your portfolio continues to benefit from the latest research and market intelligence.
Ganlin Xu, Ph.D.
Chief Investment Officer
- Ph.D. Mathematics, Carnegie Mellon, 1990
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China, 1984
Dr. Xu joined GuidedChoice in 2000 and is currently the chief investment officer, responsible for all research and investment functions and personnel. He leads the company’s quantitative research and the formulation of investment policies and portfolios. Prior to becoming CIO, he was the chief technology officer where he was responsible for the architecture and development of the software utilized to provide advisory and managed account services. He has recently been appointed the deputy head of the firm’s Investment Committee.
Prior to joining GuidedChoice, he was the associate director of research for Daiwa Securities Trust Company where Dr. Markowitz was the director of research. Dr. Xu has published numerous work that has been featured in some of the most respected industry and academic publications.
Thomas M. Anichini, CFA
Chief Investment Strategist
- M.B.A. Finance, University of Chicago
- B.S. Actuarial Science, University of Illinois
Mr. Anichini joined GuidedChoice in 2011 and is currently the Chief Investment Strategist (CIS). He is responsible for articulating our investment philosophy and methodology. Additionally he serves on our Investment Committee and is involved in research, investment processes, and operational risk management.
Prior to joining GuidedChoice, Tom has held a variety of investment positions, including leading the U.S. manager research team at Mercer, managing portfolios at Westpeak Global Advisors, and as partner, director of portfolio management at Freeman Investment Management. In addition, from 2011 to 2014 he served on the Society of Actuaries Investment Section Council, including one year as chair.
Harry Markowitz, Ph.D.
Investment Committee Member and Co-Founder
- Ph.B., University of Chicago
- A.M, University of Chicago
- Ph.D., University of Chicago
Dr. Harry Markowitz, a co-founder of GuidedChoice and a Nobel Laureate in economics, is an active member of our investment committee. Harry is one of the greatest analytical minds in the financial and technology fields. His Modern Portfolio Theory is one of the pillars of finance and investing, and a key component of our investment methodology, which has helped millions of people reach their retirement goals. In 1989, Harry was awarded the prestigious John von Neumann Prize for his contributions to portfolio theory, sparse matrix methods, and SIMSCRIPT. He was also named “Man of the Century” by Pensions & Investments magazine.
- Fellow, Econometric Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, May 1987
- ORSA/TIMS Von Neumann Theory Prize, May 1989
- 1990 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences, December 1990
- Honorary Doctorate from Universite D’Orleans, February 1992
- Honorary Doctorate from University of Athens, February 1992
- Named “Man of the Century” by editors of Pensions and Investments, December 1999
- Founders Award from the Mathematical Programming Society, August 2000
- Honorary Doctorate from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki May 2003
- Honorary Doctorate from the American International University in association with Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of the United States 2003
Ming Yee Wang
Chief Investment Officer Emeritus
- M.A. Mathematics, New York University
Ming Wang joined GuidedChoice in 2000 and is the chief investment officer emeritus, consulting on development of all investment strategies and software and actively serving on our investment committee. Prior to GuidedChoice, Ming previously served in leadership and analytical roles at Investment Research Company (IRC) and TIAA-CREF Investment Management.